The First Layer is Consciousness.
The Second Layer is Choice.
The Third Layer is actualization of Qadr.
These things cannot be completely grasped by Humans & comprehended by Human Reason because of the limited scope of human experience & knowledge & limitations on our perception of the Universe & the way it works.
However still believing in Ghaib (Unseen) & acting accordingly is what makes us believers.
بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمٰنِ الرَّحيمِ
ذٰلِكَ الكِتابُ لا رَيبَ ۛ فيهِ ۛ هُدًى لِلمُتَّقينَ . ذينَ يُؤمِنونَ بِالغَيبِ وَيُقيمونَ الصَّلاةَ وَمِمّا رَزَقناهُم يُنفِقونَ . الَّذينَ يُؤمِنونَ بِما أُنزِلَ إِلَيكَ وَما أُنزِلَ مِن قَبلِكَ وَبِالآخِرَةِ هُم يوقِنونَ
!أُولٰئِكَ عَلىٰ هُدًى مِن رَبِّهِم ۖ وَأُولٰئِكَ هُمُ المُفلِحونَ
Alif, Lām, Mīm.
- The term ‘the Book’ in the Qurʾān, in such contexts, means a Divine scripture.
2). there is no doubt in it,a guidance to the Godwary,2
- Or ‘This Book, in which there is no doubt, is guidance to the Godwary.’ Or ‘This Book is no doubt a guidance to the Godwary.’
- The expression ‘to spend’ is used in the Qurʾān elliptically to mean spending in the way of Allah and for the sake of His pleasure.
- That is, the Prophet, may Allah bless him and his Household.
50. Those follow their Lord’s guidance,and it is they who are the felicitous.
I tried to use this but it fell apart because you can say that Y is Qadr as well.
I read: Are We Forced Or Do We Have Free Will by Shaikh ibn al-Uthaimeen but gave up.
I firmly believe that even if you don’t understand you must still believe as Human Logic will never solve this….
The Book “Divine Will and Predestination” explains the correct view of Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamah:
By Umar Sulaiman Al Ashqar (rh)
Also read “Predestination (Qadar)” by Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips: